Presentations and Reports
If you would like a copy of any of our publications or presentations please contact us at email@example.com
SAMI Fellows and Principals have published a number of books:
- “Megatrends and How to Survive Them”, Gill Ringland, Patricia Lustig, Nov 2018, ISBN 978-1527516014
- “Here be Dragons”, Gill Ringland, Patricia Lustig, Rob Phaal, Martin Duckworth and Chris Yapp, Choir Press, 2012, ISBN 978-0-9562190-5-3
- “Scenario Planning, 2nd edition”, Gill Ringland, John Wiley, 2006, ISBN 0-470-01881-X
- “Beyond Crisis”, Gill Ringland , Oliver Sparrow and Patricia Lustig, John Wiley, 2010, ISBN 978-0-470-68577-8
Some of our published papers and articles are listed below;
“Drivers of Change” We have pulled together a compendium of global Drivers of Change, based on work we have done over the years on drivers and trends. We will continue to update the list in the future. (Current update is September 2018)
“More Than Just a Crystal Ball” Gill Ringland, in Finance and Management March 2017 explains how forecasting is incredibly important for finance directors and, when done correctly, is much more beneficial than just approximate prediction. (Not yet available on-line but Gill has some paper copies)
- “Britain after Brexit” In a paper published in Quality World in February 2016, Natasha Cowan asks SAMI chief Executive Gill Ringland how you can help guide your organisation through the split with the European Union and why quality professionals are well positioned to help industry take the plunge. (Not yet available on-line but Gill has some paper copies)
- “The fourth industrial revolution and challenges for government” This paper describing the issues facing government as a result of artificial intelligence and other technological changes was prepared by David Lye, fellow and director of SAMI Consulting, and was published by BRINK, a digital platform which delivers insights on risk and resilience to leaders worldwide.
“Scenario Planning – A primer” This paper describing the whys and hows of Scenario Planning was prepared by Gill Ringland from a module of an online workbench on Strategic Foresight in 2016.
Recent presentations include:
The strange case of Carillion – Professor Paul Moxey of SAMI made a presentation to the Quakers and Business Conference in 2018. He examines how organisational behaviours may result in disastrous outcomes if caution is not taken and warnings heeded.
“Brexit –Exploring the Risks to Business” – Jonathan Blanchard Smith gave a presentation to the Institute of Risk Management in 2017 entitled .
“Emerging change and possible futures: eliminating blindspots” – Dr. Wendy Schultz gave a presentation to local Finance Directors at Grant Thornton in Cardiff .
“Strategic Foresight, An Introduction”, SAMI Consulting and Unlocking Foresight collaborated to produce this video, An Unlocking Foresight Know How: Strategic Foresight, An Introduction, inviting people who have used Strategic Foresight successfully in their own organisations to outline what they did and how it helped them.
“The Future of Cities” Gill Ringland was invited by Joe Ravetz to lead a seminar on the future of cities at the newly launched Manchester Urban Institute